Baltimore Comp Lawyer Blog

Posts in Hurt in Another State

Can I file a claim in Maryland if I was injured in another state?

To collect workers’ compensation in Maryland, an injured worker must constitute a “covered employee” within the meaning of the Workers’ Compensation Act. Further, in addition to the presumption outlined in LE § 9-202 (which focuses on the relationship between the employer and employee), an injured worker must also qualify for workers’ compensation benefits under LE […]Continue Reading