Q: Should I talk to the Insurance Company about my Comp Claim?


It is recommended that injured employees obtain legal representation instead of dealing with the insurer directly.  If you are proceeding with your claim without the benefit of counsel, then you will probably end up talking to the insurer about the case.  However, it is important to note that you are under no legal obligation to do so.

The insurance company wants to send me for an IME, what is that and should I do it?

IME stands for Independent Medical Evaluation. It is exactly what it sounds like. You should contact an attorney if the insurer wants to schedule an IME. Generally, the insurer will rely on what their IME doctor says, even if your personal doctor disagrees. An experienced lawyer will know how to best contest the insurer’s IME.

Share This information

More Questions